In this episode, SE Radio Host Stefan Tilkov talks to Vaughn Vernon about the topic of his most recent book, Reactive Messaging Patterns with the Actor Model. Vaughn explains the concepts and history of reactive programming, the actor model and its consequences, actors and their relation to object orientation, a typical approach for designing a system made of actors, Scala/Akka and Erlang, and the role of enterprise integration patterns.
- Wikipedia entry on the actor model
- Enterprise Integration Patterns
- SE Radio interview with Gregor Hohpe, author of EIP
- Vaughn’s book on Reactive Messaging Patterns with the Actor Model
- Vaughn’s blog, IDDD Workshop, online training